Monday, May 19, 2008

Fun in the sun

What a wonderful last few days I have had. Well to start my mom came over for a few days and the last day she was here, we went to the lake. We have a seadoo and decided it was hot enough to take it out for a spin (literally!) I can't believe it but I actually got my mom to get on it. I thought for sure we would tip it because she had never rode one before and it was very choppy water. She was great though. We even caught some air...I made her scream a couple times, LOL. Then we took her home and went golfing in Chico! Fun filled day. So, Sunday after church my husband gathers a group of people to come to the lake again. We took the seadoo out with a couple boys and they had a blast. Then the girls showed up! In church clothes! Wanting a ride! Ha Ha, so we took them. First off I took Kadee out, I was tempted to throw her in the water, atleast take her for a wild ride but I was kind. You see, when she drives, Oh My, she is very bodacious to say the least. She has me holding on for my life! I brought her back nice and somewhat dry. Then Sunshine wanted to go, so I took her out. She had never been on one before, so I tried to be kind, though we did hit some waves. Finally, I took Tala out. She enjoyed it too. It was a real blast! I got to relax by the waves too and just...rest, while the kids enjoyed the water. What a nice weekend. Hopefully we will do it again sometime. You know you don't have to spend alot of money to have an enjoyable time. It is the simple family and friend stuff that brings real joy to your life. We tend to think well if we had more money we could do... or this.. or that... But in reality, all you need to make is time. I recently read something that really impacted me. When you spend time with someone that is something you will never get back. If you spend your money on a gift, you just work harder and make that money back. But with time, once spent, there is no making it up. "When you give someone your time, you are giving them a portion of your life, you will never get back." It truly is an invaluable gift, if spent wisely! We need to spend more time, and spend less money!

No comments:

Welcome to my blog..

I hope to inspire you with some words of encouragement. I hope to send forth positive words from my comforter... the Lord. He has been a dear friend in my travels and I want to be able to share them with anyone else that is in need. Keep Him close at all times because you are always in need of such a friend as Jesus. Even when things are going great or when it all crashes down around you. Just keep your eyes on Him.

FROG- Fully Rely On God!