Monday, May 5, 2008

In the arms of God

Sometimes I just wonder what heaven will be like. Will you constantly have those goosebumps, you feel when God's spirit enters a room? Will you feel His presence by your side no matter where you go in heaven? Will you always be able to see God from every part of heaven? Will you walk constantly with a smile? Will we walk or fly? Will there be real mansions for us or will we even need them? What questions would I like to ask of all the christians of old? Will I even care anymore then about what I would question them about now?

Well one day sometime ago, I feel I caught a glimpse to one of my questions above. During a very dark time in my life. When the storms were raging. In the late night hours, I sat alone. My family nicely tucked in their beds, peacefully sleeping. I sat, awake, wondering what my next move would be. I prayed to the Lord to give me some direction and comfort. I felt just so alone in my despair. Noone to call on for help...Noone to give me any guidance at this hour of need. Suddenly, I felt those goosebumps come over me. From somewhere above me I felt Him. His presence was warm and very comforting. It was like His arms just wrapped around me and held me. Suddenly I felt the comfort I so longed for. The wind died down in my mind, just for a few moments in my life. For a short time, everything stood still. Like His words..."Peace, be still." I was able to experience those words in my life, directly from my heavenly father. With only his presence, He comforted me. That was my glimpse of heaven. No, I did not have a vision, I did not hear any words spoken from above. What I experienced was much more than any of that. I felt Him.

Whenever life gets too rough, I just return back to that moment of time. God took time out to spend just a few but important moments with his child. To reassure her that everything would be okay. What an awesome God I serve! I felt I was truly in the arms of GOD.

1 comment:

Tyler Sullivan said...

Mariah,

I linked to your blog on mine. I think I have been there a time or two myself, where your talking about. Thanks for the words! Keep it up. I always enjoy reading.

Tyler

Welcome to my blog..

I hope to inspire you with some words of encouragement. I hope to send forth positive words from my comforter... the Lord. He has been a dear friend in my travels and I want to be able to share them with anyone else that is in need. Keep Him close at all times because you are always in need of such a friend as Jesus. Even when things are going great or when it all crashes down around you. Just keep your eyes on Him.

FROG- Fully Rely On God!