Thursday, May 29, 2008

Genesis 2:25
And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.



They had no sin in their life yet. They had nothing to be ashamed of. When God takes away all of our layers, will we be able to say the same? If God takes away all of our shell that we tend to hide behind, would we be ashamed of what He finds on the inside. When the time comes for our complete exposure to the Lord, what will He find under it all. When I am revealed at the throne of God, my prayer is that I will not be ashamed. I don't want to be ashamed of what is inside my heart. My desire is to be pure and clean on the inside underneath the layers that we shelter ourselves with. Beyond the walls we build, should be nothing to be ashamed of. Our true colors, should be a reflection of God. When you stand alone and noone is watching, are you someone who is unashamed of who you are.


Their eyes were opened after choosing to sin. Now they became ashamed of who they were and immediately tried to cover themselves. They tried to build up those walls so God could not see them and their sin. When they tried to cover themselves, it shows what we do when we sin. We immediately try to hide it. Then we blame. Well if you hadn't of...then I would not have...So it is always someone else's fault because we allowed ourself to sin.


When we cover our sin, it is an ameteur job made of fig leaves. And eventually fig leaves once taken from their tree, become dry and brittle, and will fall apart. When we cover our sin, it does not last too long. Then everyone can see through our poor covering that we did. It is when we come to Jesus and admit our faults then He steps in. When he covers our sin, it is then that the covering will endure. He won't use something that will eventually die off and break away. He used coats of skin. Something that will endure. So when we sin, you have to come to the Lord and admit your fault. He already knows you did it, so why not admit it to him. My little girl colored on our wall one day. It was obvious that she had done these wonderful drawings. She had even written my name...MOM. When approached, she quickly denied she had done it, and blamed the dog. ( She knew better to not blame brother or sister, for they could talk, and tell me they did not do it, but the poor dog had no defense.) After talking with her for quite some time, I eventually got the truth out of her. I did not just let her blame someone or something else. I wanted her to learn to accept the fact she had been the one to do wrong. Then we cleaned it up together. So when talking to the Lord, just remember, He already knows your wrongdoing. So admit it, then ask what needs to be done to clean it up.

So when we stand before the King on that glorious day,will we be able to say...they were not ashamed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mariah,

I just read through your blog and I was brought to tears on literally every post. You have such an amazing way with words. You have inspired me and uplifted me manytimes. You have such a gift! Your words are beautiful.

Welcome to my blog..

I hope to inspire you with some words of encouragement. I hope to send forth positive words from my comforter... the Lord. He has been a dear friend in my travels and I want to be able to share them with anyone else that is in need. Keep Him close at all times because you are always in need of such a friend as Jesus. Even when things are going great or when it all crashes down around you. Just keep your eyes on Him.

FROG- Fully Rely On God!