Thursday, May 22, 2008

My mind is made up to serve the Lord!

Today is a beautiful day. The sun is out and shining bright. The wind is blowing through the air. The temperature is just right for most people, of course if you know me, I could use a little more heat. What a wonderful day. Preaching last night was about serving God by choice and not being forced into it. Isaac and Ishmael. Sarah and Hagar. The child of the contract and the child of being forced into the situation. When you choose to serve the Lord and give to Him all of you then you can have access to all of heaven's supply. You inherit from the Lord's kingdom. You truly are a child of God. It is a choice that God gave to us: human will. Doesn't it mean so much more to you when your child comes to you and does something on their own because they wanted to vs. being forced to do it. Constantly I nag on my kids: clean your room, be nice to your sibling etc. It is so much the better when I come home and my kids have cleaned their rooms because they wanted to please me. Or they did something nice for each other because they actually wanted to. I am sure God feels the same way about us. I think alot can be compared to the relationship with our children as God's relationship to His children: us.
God gave us kids so we could know what it felt like to love unconditionally, because that is how He loves us. We dont have to earn His love, we just have to accept it. Our children can be an excellent lesson for us. Think of your ideal relationship with your children or with your parents. What would you do more of to strengthen it. Communication?!Now try to develop that relationship with the Lord - who is your heavenly father. God is good all the time, no matter what our circumstances bring. God is good, never changing. Remember this and it will bring you through anything. We change, but God never changes! He is the same yesterday, today and forever. God knows all but he wants to hear it from us. When my daughter drew on the wall (this is an excellent lesson for many reasons) I knew she did it ( moms know all) but I wanted to hear her tell me she did it. I know my children love me but I want to hear them tell me. Your husband or wife know (or they should know) how much you love them but they still need to hear it. God knows are feelings and actions etc but we still need to open up that communication to Him and speak to Him on a daily basis at a minimum. He is a friend that is at your side day and night. He is always available to listen to you. But you can't listen to somebody when they never speak to you.

No comments:

Welcome to my blog..

I hope to inspire you with some words of encouragement. I hope to send forth positive words from my comforter... the Lord. He has been a dear friend in my travels and I want to be able to share them with anyone else that is in need. Keep Him close at all times because you are always in need of such a friend as Jesus. Even when things are going great or when it all crashes down around you. Just keep your eyes on Him.

FROG- Fully Rely On God!