Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What would be your story...

A thought for today. In the "Bible days", did the people that are written about know they would have their stories published in Gods holy word? Did they live their life thinking that someday someone would read all about them? My guess is no. Their strengths and weaknesses, their failures and victories. David and his love for the Lord or his desire for ungodly things. Abraham and his faith or his anger with the israelites. Joseph in his despair in the prison or when he reigned with Pharoah. The woman with the issue of blood, grabbing at the hem of His garment for healing, or the woman who spent a lifetime of savings and blessed Jesus with her alabaster box then used her own hair to wipe His feet. They did not do these things knowing that someday someone would read their story and it would be used in such great ways. They lived their life as they thought it should be lived. Yes, some had more defeats then others and some had more wisdom etc. But my point is they had no way of knowing that us in 2008 would be reading about their journey with the Lord! So now I pose my question....what would be your story? If someone would write about your journey with the Lord what would they say?

My hope is that they could say something like...
2Ch 17:3
And the LORD was with Jehoshaphat, because he walked in the first ways of his father David... That is my desire.. or
Gen 39:2
And the LORD was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man;

Mar 14:8
She hath done what she could...

Mar 14:9
Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached throughout the whole world, [this] also that she hath done shall be spoken of for a memorial of her.

If God chose someone to write my life story than I would certainly hope they could put those verses in there. I desire for my life for the Lord to be with me every step of the way. This by no means makes me perfect. As everyone else even the ones that had their stories in Gods word had their pitfalls and mistakes, they more abundantly had the Lord at their side.

So as you live today, take into consideration, what would your story be? What kind of legacy are you going to leave behind? What would the Lord say about you if He were going to tell your life story?


Jos 24:15
...but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

No comments:

Welcome to my blog..

I hope to inspire you with some words of encouragement. I hope to send forth positive words from my comforter... the Lord. He has been a dear friend in my travels and I want to be able to share them with anyone else that is in need. Keep Him close at all times because you are always in need of such a friend as Jesus. Even when things are going great or when it all crashes down around you. Just keep your eyes on Him.

FROG- Fully Rely On God!