Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Philipians 4:7 Peace

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." He keeps our minds or protects them against the things of this world that may destroy our mind. It is a hedge He will build up to protect you. His peace is beyond all understanding....in other words we can not understand at moments in life when we should be all upset or stressed over a situation that we are at peace. When the sea should be stormy because of the weather it is calmed by the words of God "...peace be still..."and " that even the wind and the sea obey him?" Yes, for sure we have our days when it all seems to come unraveled and we just are not going to make it, like when Peter began to sink in the water but look at the simple task he had to do in order to make it and keep his head above water...

Mat 14:30
But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.

Mat 14:31
And immediately Jesus stretched forth [his] hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

Mat 14:32
And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.

The important words to remember he cried and immediately.. What did Jesus do, He immediately stretched forth his hand!

All Peter had to do was cry out to the Lord and He was there to reach for him, and the wind ceased. When troubles come and it just looks like you are sinking, cry out to the Lord, He will hear you and immediately stretch forth his hand. The winds may still be strong, the rains may still pour down but eventually you will come into the ship and the wind will cease.

Keep God close to you, dont let your eyes get off Him because you need Him close so you can call upon his comforting words to send forth peace in your life and situation.

There was a moment in my life, my reference point, when storms were all around me and I cried out to the Lord, He immediately heard my cry and I felt His warm, comforting arms just encompass me with his peace. When life gets so rough I don't think I can go on, I remember that peace I felt and it helps me to continue on my journey. God is everywhere, He knows all your troubles and thoughts, so why not just share them with Him and let Him send down His peace and comfort to your situation.

1 comment:

Tyler Sullivan said...

Mariah,

Nice post. Keep it up.

Welcome to my blog..

I hope to inspire you with some words of encouragement. I hope to send forth positive words from my comforter... the Lord. He has been a dear friend in my travels and I want to be able to share them with anyone else that is in need. Keep Him close at all times because you are always in need of such a friend as Jesus. Even when things are going great or when it all crashes down around you. Just keep your eyes on Him.

FROG- Fully Rely On God!