Monday, April 28, 2008

Till the ground from whence you were taken


Gen 2:7
And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Gen 3:17
And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed [is] the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat [of] it all the days of thy life;


Gen 3:23
Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

Interesting, Adam was taken from the dust of the earth, and after he sinned God cursed that ground that in sorrow he would eat of it all the days of his life. Once he was sent out of God's presence he was to till the ground from where God had brought him from. He had to work at the problem that God had brought him from and produce something fruitful from it to be able to live. This is just my own thoughts but I find it interesting... Does God do this with us still? He brings us from a problem, we somehow take it into our own hands, and God allows us to return to that problem to now make something fruitful come of it. A lesson learned maybe. If we would just allow God to do his will in our life, instead of taking control ourselves, then we would not have return to that problem, time and time again, until we produce something good from it.
I think God wants to supply our every need, but we get in the way and become as gods, knowing good and evil ( we try to take control over what we think needs to happen!), so He in turn sends us right back to the same problem or circumstance that he originally brought us from. He directs us to make something fruitful from it.
For example, when my daughter drew on the wall, she knew it was wrong but did it anyway. But, instead of just turning away from it and ignoring it, I took her back to that spot and made her wash it clean. God does that to us. Takes us by the hand, walks us right back to where it all began, while standing at our side He directs us to do His will, not our will.

I thank the Lord for such fatherly care and love. He is my friend, my comforter, my prince of peace, my calm in the storm. He really cares for each and every one of His children. I am so blessed in the fact that He chose me out of millions of people to be one of His children. No matter what comes my way I know He will bring me through. His patience endures, and His love and compassion are endless.

1 comment:

Tyler Sullivan said...

Mariah,

Awesome!!! Keep on posting! These are ALL great thoughts and concepts. I love reading them.

Tyler

Welcome to my blog..

I hope to inspire you with some words of encouragement. I hope to send forth positive words from my comforter... the Lord. He has been a dear friend in my travels and I want to be able to share them with anyone else that is in need. Keep Him close at all times because you are always in need of such a friend as Jesus. Even when things are going great or when it all crashes down around you. Just keep your eyes on Him.

FROG- Fully Rely On God!