Monday, October 3, 2011

My recent blessing

It has been quite a while since I have posted. Its not that God has not laid anything on my heart its that God has filled up my life! Its unbelievable the blessings God has been arranging in my life these past couple of months. I am no longer weary and tired from trials and tribulations, I am tired in a good way. We went from not doing a whole lot for the church to becoming Sunday School teachers to 9-11 yr olds. Dan began working as the Men's leader and we are both directing and coaching Bible quizzing. Sunday school is exceedingly rewarding. These kids are eager to learn and they participate wholeheartedly. I enjoy every single one of them. Its very rewarding. If you have never taught Sunday School before and you are feeling that your life is not going anywhere and that everything is at a standstill...Go teach Sunday School! While at Camp meeting we were talking to a local pastor and suddenly the burden of Bible quizzing was laid on my heart. It had been on my husbands heart apparently already, but now it was on both of us. From that moment I purposed in my heart that this would go forward. While at Camp meeting we asked around and got feedback and approval to go for it! Everyone I talked to said the same thing " Its a lot of hard work!." But through God all things are possible. Of course, they were all right. It is a lot of work. But....when the kids were so excited about it, it renews your energy. When they run up to you quoting scripture, it reignites the fire inside. When you hear these 7-8 yr olds discussing how hard a verse was and how they memorized it....the burden gets lighter! When I did not think there was anyone that was going to give us a hand and that we would figure this out all alone, God provided. He gave us a local pastor that stretched out and is coaching us along with a great spirit! Its amazing to see God work in your life. When you really dont think there is much to do, God pours down His will and His sustenance to do His will. We have been busy doing fundraising and have been able to order material. The kids actual start day is today with memorization. We have a practice in 2 weeks for the first time. I believe that will help encourage the kids of how much fun this is going to be. My son asked me how can someone do all that we are doing right now...he said you cant do all that. But with God....you can! I am so thankful that God has put this into my life. From where I came from...to where I am now is not by my doing, its God's. If I were to look back when I was...say 13...you would not have thought this was possible in my life. If you were to look back from the age of 15 or 16 or even 3 years ago...you would have said there was no hope. And now, God has blessed this family more than I could have ever dreamed! I had to let go of several things so God could place this in my hands. When I finally said, I am done, God said, Okay, here you go! When I was ready to let go of all the past struggles and the lack of self worth and trust God, He turned around and gave me a gift. Its hard to let go of things, its because we maybe dont fully trust God. If you don't trust someone you are not going to give them something to hold onto for you. Its difficult to let go of things because we have held onto them for so long. Our hands are clasped so tight. But, if you let go, there are blessings abundantly waiting for you. Blessings that you can't contain. I did not come from a line of Pentecostals. I was a bus kid. Every Sunday I rode the bus to Sunday school....who would have thought a bus kid would now be directing Bible quizzing!? Another reason I am not qualified according to this world...I have absolutely no experience in quizzing. I have never quizzed. I have never coached a quizzer. My kids have never quizzed until now. I have never seen an actual quiz. So it has been a lot of added work just learning about it so I can coach the coaches and parents and quizzers. We do have a lot of work ahead of us, but I am so excited about it. We are already successful, because almost all of the quizzers now know Exodus 24:12! And we have not even begun. Let go and Let GOD!!!

Welcome to my blog..

I hope to inspire you with some words of encouragement. I hope to send forth positive words from my comforter... the Lord. He has been a dear friend in my travels and I want to be able to share them with anyone else that is in need. Keep Him close at all times because you are always in need of such a friend as Jesus. Even when things are going great or when it all crashes down around you. Just keep your eyes on Him.

FROG- Fully Rely On God!