Thursday, May 26, 2011

True Victory

In the past I had circumstances that would just knock me off my feet. I would pout, beg, get angry, moody, and fight my way through it. Did it change anything? Did it make it end any faster? Did it change the outcome of the trial?? NO!!! All it did was cause my life to be absolutely miserable through out the whole situation. Not only my life was miserable but I am sure I made alot of other people miserable too. So...what have I learned? Well today as I drove to work I began to think of my current situation of stuff and start getting all mad again. I thought to myself how today was going to be a bad day because of the last couple days of stuff that has come up. I was getting in that mood all over again! Then as I had the radio on to a worship station...I realized that no matter what the circumstance is God is worthy to be praised! He is in control. So even though to me this is the end of the world and the thoughts come and tell me that " this is reallly bad" and "I cant possibly be happy during this" and "its never going to get any better"...I began to worship God and get my mind of the problems and on Him! Guess what happened! I felt better. No, my problems are still there, but now I can face them knowing God is in control. And now I can rest in Him because I gave my burden to Him to hold on to. I will allow Him to guide me through this situation. He is my GPS. He is my guide through this fog. I dont have to walk with my head down and my spirit burdened. I can be guided through this forest with my head held high knowing I am not in control but God is!!! That is true victory: when you can be in the valley and only see mountains surrounding you...but you begin to praise the Lord and have joy in your spirit. Nothing can steal my joy! But I can give it away...Dont give your joy away, its especially helpful to have when you are in the shadow of a mountain! True Victory is being able to face a trial with your head held high and your spirit lifted and hopeful to what is to come!!!

No comments:

Welcome to my blog..

I hope to inspire you with some words of encouragement. I hope to send forth positive words from my comforter... the Lord. He has been a dear friend in my travels and I want to be able to share them with anyone else that is in need. Keep Him close at all times because you are always in need of such a friend as Jesus. Even when things are going great or when it all crashes down around you. Just keep your eyes on Him.

FROG- Fully Rely On God!