Monday, May 23, 2011

You thought it for evil but God meant it for good

Gen 50:20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; [but] God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as [it is] this day, to save much people alive.

How many times has someone done something to you in your life and you were hurt so bad by it? I bet your first reaction was not as this scripture says it. One of my favorite people to read about is Joseph. Though he was the favorite son he was later despised by his brothers. He was sold into slavery! And that was the lesser betrayal his brothers decided than actually killing him. I can not imagine sitting in prison for something I did not do. I can't imagine my own siblings despising me enough to get rid of me. And yet Joseph ended up becoming such a great person. A person used greatly to save many people through the drought in Egypt.

I think back to my life and realize now that it really is true that the things in my past, the hurts that have been done to me, the betrayals, the wounds inflicted...each and every circumstance God meant it for good even though each individual thought they were just hurting me. They didn't realize that God was actually using them. Even though there are rough areas in my past, God uses them for the good of not only my future but others. I pray that God would use me to affect people for the good! I thank God for every opportunity to do His will. Love people no matter what they have done to or for you. That is what God wants us to do. Use our lives to help someone else. We all go through things that are unique to what God wants us to go through, so we can reach others that are struggling.

No comments:

Welcome to my blog..

I hope to inspire you with some words of encouragement. I hope to send forth positive words from my comforter... the Lord. He has been a dear friend in my travels and I want to be able to share them with anyone else that is in need. Keep Him close at all times because you are always in need of such a friend as Jesus. Even when things are going great or when it all crashes down around you. Just keep your eyes on Him.

FROG- Fully Rely On God!