Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Delayed post: My baby is going to be 13!

Hee Hee, I had written this a while back, well actually 2 years ago, thought I would go ahead and post it now 7/09 Well she is not the baby of the family, she is my oldest. But nonetheless just as special as my other 2! This child is the leader, is very smart, and a pleasure to hang out with. Yes, she is hitting those much feared years by many parents. The teenage years. Woahhaaaa haaa! But really for her its a breeze. It may cause a bit more emotions than we are used to but we are taking it one step at a time. This child has so many wonderful qualities. She is my friend and my daughter, and I am so proud to have her at my side. God really knew what He was doing when He gave her to me first. Being the oldest child is not the easiest job, I understand, but she does it so well. By being the oldest you are held responsible for 99.9% of everything that goes wrong while mom and dad are not in the room. The finger always gets pointed to the oldest. The oldest will be asked to do more. The oldest is asked to do stuff when noone else wants too. The oldest is responsible for keeping the other two quiet when mom or dad are in a "mood". Alot weighs on the oldest child. Yet, the trust that the parents have for the oldest can not be taken lightly either. The oldest is expected to be more responsible because they have been around slightly longer than the other children. They are expected to be the example of the younger ones. My daughter has helped me through alot of trials in life, just by being my daughter. She has made me not want to give up when I really wanted to. All I had to do was look down at her and have her look up to me and that can give any parent enough strength to carry on. She means the world to me, and I just want her to know how proud I am of her. No matter what she does in life, she will succeed. God is in her life so strong, and a mom can want nothing more than that. As long as she keeps a close relationship with God, she will not go wrong. It is difficult to watch my baby grow. To remember no so long ago, her taking the first step, saying "Momma" and "Appy" (happy). To hear her giggle for the first time. To sing her first song, lose her first tooth. Ride her bike, go to preschool, kindergarten. All the firsts, are so memorable. Now, as she grows she is starting to become accountable to her own decisions. I hope and pray that I have taught her all that she needs to know, and God feels in the gaps! Farewell childhood, and welcome Teenage years I know you will do alright!

1 comment:

jessicamarie said...

AWWWW!! you almost made me cry!! Thanks mom! I am happy that I'm not a rotten teen-ager too! I enjoy our daughter/friend relationship, and I'll let you in on a little secret...(the worst punishment you've given me is just being mad at me)I don't like when you're mad!Anyways, I like the fact that you're a young mother, I'm glad you birthed me when you did! P.S. This summer I am gonna be 16!!

Welcome to my blog..

I hope to inspire you with some words of encouragement. I hope to send forth positive words from my comforter... the Lord. He has been a dear friend in my travels and I want to be able to share them with anyone else that is in need. Keep Him close at all times because you are always in need of such a friend as Jesus. Even when things are going great or when it all crashes down around you. Just keep your eyes on Him.

FROG- Fully Rely On God!