Monday, September 15, 2008

What is your ministry?

We had a leadership class this weekend. A very important point was brought up. Many of us can brag...we have been in church for decades....or we are involved in multiple ministries. But if you ask yourself a question be ready for the answer. There is more to this life than just your involvement in the church. There is something that you need to ask yourself maybe daily, weekly, monthly or more. Ask God how you can accomplish this one thing that is most important in our lives. No matter all your years of experience...this one task may have never happened, only happened once, or maybe you are blessed to have accomplished this task multiple times. Nevertheless ask yourself this one question as this is how we should begin and end each day.

"How many people have I touched today with the ministry I am involved with?"

I am not talking about people already involved in church. I am not talking about the ones who already know who Jesus is. I am not talking about your buddies that you talk with after service is over. How many sinners have you talked to today about the love of God?! How many lost souls were brought to God by the blessings bestowed upon you. With your ministry, how many people have you brought to walk with the Lord?

Well I found this to be quite life changing. If I start my day with this attitude, it will bring humility to my spirit, make my attitude toward my life problems a whole lot better, and it will help me decide carefully my words throughout the day when dealing with the lost and dying world. I hope this thought helps you like it did me when I first heard it.

No comments:

Welcome to my blog..

I hope to inspire you with some words of encouragement. I hope to send forth positive words from my comforter... the Lord. He has been a dear friend in my travels and I want to be able to share them with anyone else that is in need. Keep Him close at all times because you are always in need of such a friend as Jesus. Even when things are going great or when it all crashes down around you. Just keep your eyes on Him.

FROG- Fully Rely On God!