Monday, September 8, 2008

living for 12 yrs, dying for 12 years

As I was listening to the preaching on Sunday...something caught my attention suddenly, as sometimes I am slow to catch on I suppose. I never caught the fact that the woman with the issue of blood had been suffering for about 12 yrs...The daughter that had died was 12 yrs old as well. So we have a birth taking place 12 yrs prior along with a slow death of a woman. We have a child growing stronger every day, and a woman who is searching for a way to stay alive with this ailment. A young girl learning how to live, and a woman seeking a way to end her suffering.

One day Jesus arrives on the scene and the woman after 12 long years of slowly dying inside, gains new life from the Master. He ceases this disease that is causing her to wilt away. He puts an end to her suffering. The very same day He adds life to a 12 yr old girl who had stopped living.

What a God we serve. All in one day, and one moment of time, He can put an end to suffering while raising the dead....

Just a quick thought.

No comments:

Welcome to my blog..

I hope to inspire you with some words of encouragement. I hope to send forth positive words from my comforter... the Lord. He has been a dear friend in my travels and I want to be able to share them with anyone else that is in need. Keep Him close at all times because you are always in need of such a friend as Jesus. Even when things are going great or when it all crashes down around you. Just keep your eyes on Him.

FROG- Fully Rely On God!