Thursday, September 4, 2008

The benefits, but even better the blessings...

My pastor preached a great sermon last night. It really spoke to me. Here is a glimpse:

The blessings of the Lord are not materialistic. Material things, i.e. car, house, money, health etc can all be compromised at some point in life. They can be wrecked, burnt, put in debt, or made ill just within moments. Gods blessings can not be destroyed as can these things. Those are all benefits from the Lord. He takes care of His people. Blessings are spiritual. They surround us and it is up to us to take advantage of them. To bless the Lord is to acknowledge Him.


To me a blessing is to rise early in the morning and watch the sunrise and that huge feeling inside me, the joyous sense, the vastness of this world that you see in the colors it protrays is a blessing. To know that the creator of this world...CREATOR OF THIS WORLD...notices a nobody like me. Out of millions of people and creations. Really think about this. A blessing is to look around at the people that choose to live without God and know that you serve the Mighty King, He is your Heavenly Father, you are His child. Knowing that He cares about what you care about, He hurts when you hurt, and He cries when we cry!

Nothing in this world compares to serving the Most High. If God chose to never benefit me with material things, I would still be blessed, and I would bless the Lord. To have this attitude makes you feel joyous even in dark times. All it takes is a change of attitude, a choice.

No comments:

Welcome to my blog..

I hope to inspire you with some words of encouragement. I hope to send forth positive words from my comforter... the Lord. He has been a dear friend in my travels and I want to be able to share them with anyone else that is in need. Keep Him close at all times because you are always in need of such a friend as Jesus. Even when things are going great or when it all crashes down around you. Just keep your eyes on Him.

FROG- Fully Rely On God!