Monday, December 22, 2008

Just when you have it all figured out...

I love the Lord. He keeps you at the edge of your seat sometimes like a good book. Just when you think you have it all figured out...there is an unexpected twist. See we moved a couple months ago into this beautiful home. It was almost everything that we talked about wanting in a home. It had the hard wood floors. Nice kitchen and dining area. It had all been remodeled. The carpet in the bedrooms was the same carpet that I had picked out years ago in hopes of putting it in our bedrooms. The lights even matched my picture frames! Seriously this was almost my dream house. What it lacked? A backyard. The rooms for the kids are a little small. But everything else was just perfect. We were in hopes that we could figure a way of buying it. It really seemed it was going to work out just as we had planned. We thought Wow God this is just amazing how you work. We were not even praying for all this!....Then this weekend it all crashed down. You know that twist I was talking about well we ran into it. We were notified that we had to move. Not only did we have to move but she was giving us a 30 day notice! For a moment in time I forgot about the loving caring, faithful, abundant God I serve and lost myself. No need for details here, I will let your imagination fill this part in. Sunday morning, we got up, got ready for church and forgot about our problems at hand for some amount of time. Focusing only on giving God praise and honor for He is worthy at all times to be praised. Pastor preached on "A Christmas for everyone". And spoke about learning to walk in the favor of the Lord. Then in between church took our day of rest, and rested. Returned for evening church to find out that God has something better for us in store. God is in the process of closing this door only because he has something better for us behind door #2! Matter of fact I am going to claim it on here as well as out loud that He is going to give us a house by January 15th. It is going to be a 4bedroom 3 bath home. Hardwood floors, big backyard etc. We are going to buy it for 115,000! It is a promise from God. I believe Him for it as does our family. NO I don't know how it will happen because if you get your focal point on the economy, your faith has a way of depleting. So I will keep my eyes on the Lord as my focal point and keep my eyes out for our new home. I will enjoy reporting when we get it too. Please help us in agreeing that this be done and praying for us as well.

2 comments:

Rhonda Parker said...

I'm agreeing with you for this better house by January 15th.. God is so good! God does have His hands upon us and we are favored by the Lord. Thank you, Jesus!

P.S. Thank you also for your comment on my post - your little angel Ashlee was SO ADORABLE at the school Christmas play.

*Angela* said...

I'm sorry to hear about the thirty day notice, that just stinks. Good thing theres something better behind door #2!

Welcome to my blog..

I hope to inspire you with some words of encouragement. I hope to send forth positive words from my comforter... the Lord. He has been a dear friend in my travels and I want to be able to share them with anyone else that is in need. Keep Him close at all times because you are always in need of such a friend as Jesus. Even when things are going great or when it all crashes down around you. Just keep your eyes on Him.

FROG- Fully Rely On God!