Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Be careful little lips what you say....

I was talking to some coworkers in a break room this morning. I was telling them of a joke that my son had played on me the night before. As I was talking a lady walked into the room and one of my coworkers turned away and began to talk to her. I continued talking to my other friend. Upon finishing the whole conversation the lady that had walked in gets her things and leaves. That is when the coworker that had begun to talk to this lady turned to me and let me know why she had done this. This is the reason:

The joke was put your hand on your face and if your hand is bigger than your head you have cancer, upon doing this the person telling you this smacks your hand which usually hits your nose and you all have a nice hardy laugh, as I had done the night before.

What I did not know: The lady that had walked in...had cancer. So as I am telling this joke she walks right in to hear me saying the cancer part and my coworker sees the look on her face so she distracts her for she knew of her diagnosis. Yes, that is when my foot...no my two feet were placed abruptly in my mouth or they should have been. Indeed, I had no way of knowing this but nonetheless, be careful little lips what you say...for you know not what other people's journeys are taking them through.

On the positive side...when discussing good things like what God has done for you in your life, or a miracle, a blessing, anything related to Gods purpose, or His goodness, you just don't know what a person; that may be listening to the whole conversation may hear. They may need to hear about His goodness and mercy. So gladly speak of the Lord so others can hear...even if they eavesdrop.

A humbling experience and a lesson all before noon!

No comments:

Welcome to my blog..

I hope to inspire you with some words of encouragement. I hope to send forth positive words from my comforter... the Lord. He has been a dear friend in my travels and I want to be able to share them with anyone else that is in need. Keep Him close at all times because you are always in need of such a friend as Jesus. Even when things are going great or when it all crashes down around you. Just keep your eyes on Him.

FROG- Fully Rely On God!