Friday, October 31, 2008

Rain

It is raining today. I dont like the rain, though it is a needed thing. My mom enjoys it thoroughly. But for me, it tends to make me feel a little down. It brings back memories, it is wet, it is cold, and I just dont really like it. BUT...it is a much needed thing. Isn't it like God to bring things into our lives that we dont really enjoy. THough, they are needed. Without rain, we would have a drought. Plants would die. Animals would die.
Babies have about 75% water in their bodies at birth. By adulthood men and women range from 55 - 65%. Can you imagine life without water? So when I see the rains come it is a simple reminder of God and how He works in our lives. As quick as the rains come.....they leave. So smell the rain...walk in the rain...laugh in the rain...enjoy the rain. Because it will pass and allow the sun to shine once again.

2 comments:

Chandra said...

God always speaks to us--even in the rain. Nice post!

Mariah said...

Yes, Chandra, He speaks to us at all times. In our dark times as well as the light times. Nice to have such a faithful friend by your side.

Welcome to my blog..

I hope to inspire you with some words of encouragement. I hope to send forth positive words from my comforter... the Lord. He has been a dear friend in my travels and I want to be able to share them with anyone else that is in need. Keep Him close at all times because you are always in need of such a friend as Jesus. Even when things are going great or when it all crashes down around you. Just keep your eyes on Him.

FROG- Fully Rely On God!