Monday, July 14, 2008

Youth Camp -short but sweet

When you may be feeling old and need a little uplifting in your spirit, you must attend a week of youth camp. What a refreshing feeling to be surrounded by children, youthful spirits. I was the "camp nurse" this year and yes, I was busy with broken noses to high temps, plenty of ice packs and splinters. But, what a joyful feeling to walk through the camp and have all those smiling little faces waving at you. Having them run up to you and give you a hug. To watch them pray to a God so large that our human minds can not grasp the fullness of. But as these small wonders pray to Him, they receive Him into their hearts either for the first time or the hundredth time. To watch the magnificent powerful God take time out for the little ones of the world.

What a time it was. I am priveleged to be a part of it all.

1 comment:

Kadee Sullivan said...

Hey Mariah! Its Kadee,I am sitting in the Phoenix airport, because my flight from sac to here was delayed,and i missed my flight from here to Indianapolis, so i am sitting herefor another 7 hours. I just wanted to say hola!!! Yeah youth camp was a blast,we must doit again soon,well at least next year.i think i can only handleone a year. ill talk to you later!!!

Kadee

Welcome to my blog..

I hope to inspire you with some words of encouragement. I hope to send forth positive words from my comforter... the Lord. He has been a dear friend in my travels and I want to be able to share them with anyone else that is in need. Keep Him close at all times because you are always in need of such a friend as Jesus. Even when things are going great or when it all crashes down around you. Just keep your eyes on Him.

FROG- Fully Rely On God!