Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Father

My Father:



I did not actually meet my Father until the age of 6 or maybe I was 7, although, He knew me my entire life. He knew me long before I knew Him. One evening, I finally met Him and with tears of joy in my eyes, I thanked Him for His love. I did not fully understand much about Him at that time but through my childhood our relationship would grow stronger and stronger. I would go to Him when life was rough. I would call on Him and tell Him how good or bad of a day I had. I got to really see Him on the weekends more so than during the week.

Unfortunately when I was about 10 yrs old, I turned my back on Him. I stopped talking to Him and did what I thought was best for me. Even though, I turned away, He never forgot about me. He continued to watch over me. He continued to reach for me, and desired a relationship again with me, but I would not accept it. Then when about a year later when my world came crashing down, I turned once again to Him. He was right there, right where I left Him. He stood there waiting for me. He held me in His arms and allowed me to cry everything out to him. He understood more than I could say. He helped me through the following years that would take me through the worst trial any child could go through. He held my hand. He wrapped me up in His love. When no one was there, He was.

My Father reassured me that everything was going to be okay. Eventually one day, I don’t know what triggered it but He spoke out for me. He helped me say what I could not speak. He helped me to end my troubled years. He put a stop to it all, in just one single day! Years of suffering, came to an end in a matter of hours! I love my Father with everything I have in me.

Once that was over, He gave me a brand new life. He taught me so many life lessons. He showed me how to keep my spirit in check. He showed me how to not let life make me bitter. He has been faithfully there like no one else in my life as been. He knows me better than anyone else. I have the best Father than anyone could possibly have.
Thank you Lord for being my Father!

No comments:

Welcome to my blog..

I hope to inspire you with some words of encouragement. I hope to send forth positive words from my comforter... the Lord. He has been a dear friend in my travels and I want to be able to share them with anyone else that is in need. Keep Him close at all times because you are always in need of such a friend as Jesus. Even when things are going great or when it all crashes down around you. Just keep your eyes on Him.

FROG- Fully Rely On God!