Monday, June 23, 2008

A poem...

A friend like no other

I have a friend, many of you may know
He is faithful to me, though harsh words I may throw

He cares about my every need, sees that I thrive
In his presence, I am always…satisfied.

He is my closest friend, closer than a brother,
For once you know Him, you will look for no other.

You ask me who this could describe, what is His name,
Oh, but you ask is he really all that? Even lift me of my shame!?

He can take away my sins, and take away my pain
He can relieve me of my sicknesses, and even stop the rain

Yes, He is a miracle worker, a healer, a comforter and more
He is my heavenly Father, my friend I will always adore.

He has been so good to me, though troubles have come my way
But when He walks beside me, nothing harmful wants to stay.

I could speak of His goodness and mercy all the day long
But you may not listen, for it is not your life, it is not your song

For you must know Him for yourself, you cant live off my testimony
You should call upon Him, ask Him to show you what He has shown me.

Yes, you will meet him, someday, your choice or His
If you don’t meet Him on Earth, you will meet Him, a promise this is

Call upon His name right now, for He knocks at your door
Once you have met Him , searching you will do no more

You ask me “How would you find this perfect friend I discuss?”
The answer I give is very simple you see, Just call out the name JESUS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that I know your friend! There's no one like Him!

Welcome to my blog..

I hope to inspire you with some words of encouragement. I hope to send forth positive words from my comforter... the Lord. He has been a dear friend in my travels and I want to be able to share them with anyone else that is in need. Keep Him close at all times because you are always in need of such a friend as Jesus. Even when things are going great or when it all crashes down around you. Just keep your eyes on Him.

FROG- Fully Rely On God!